American Dreamer: My Life in Fashion & Business
- 18 Oct 2021
- This autobiography chronicles the life of Tommy Hilfiger, an American icon of fashion. The book details the rise, fall, and (re)rise of his namesake company. It also details the experiences that had helped the man create the company.
- 25 Apr 2021
- For a short period, DMX (Earl Simmons), was a rap superstar. Like every other male of my generation, I listened to his songs. Also like everyone else, I didn't think about his impact until his recent death.
The Big Lebowski
- 29 Jun 2020
- This movie has a cult following, both figuratively and literally. I'm not going to become a full-fledged Dudeist, but I have enjoyed watching the Dude's misadventure.
Gap – “Khaki” & “Everybody”
- 8 Aug 2019
- Gap's TV campaigns that aired in 1999 had the one-two punch of financial and cultural impact.
Metal Gear Solid
- 3 Sep 2018
- This video game made sneaking around and snapping necks cool.
1998 World Cup
- 26 May 2018
- I'll follow World Cups until I can't follow them, but the one from 20 years ago will always be my favorite.
- 1 Apr 2018
- This computer game is probably the most important one of the past 20 years.
2018 Basketball Hall of Fame class
- 30 Mar 2018
- These five men played in the NBA during its golden era.
Spice Girls – “Too Much”
- 29 Dec 2017
- Spicemania was in full force at this time of year in 1997, and this music video was at the forefront.
- 27 Aug 2017
- Excellent single-player and multiplayer modes have made this game transcend its license, which is popular anyway. The game's influence and innovation is somewhat overlooked.