Metal Gear Solid 2
- 1 Jan 2022
- Metal Gear Solid 2, released in 2001, is the source of my fondest gaming memory. This post contains spoilers.
9/11, 20 years later
- 11 Sep 2021
- Today marks the 20th anniversary of the Al Qaeda attacks in New York, Pennsylvania, and DC.
- 25 Apr 2021
- For a short period, DMX (Earl Simmons), was a rap superstar. Like every other male of my generation, I listened to his songs. Also like everyone else, I didn't think about his impact until his recent death.
Nike – “Write the Future”
- 4 Jul 2020
- Big-budget visuals, notable cameos, and over-the-top scenarios make this World Cup commercial a classic.
Brothers turns 10
- 18 May 2020
- Released on this day 10 years ago, this album became a commercial and critical breakthrough for the rock duo from Akron, Ohio.
Fade to the Endzone
- 13 Oct 2019
- My interest in football has been on a downward trajectory like so many lobbed passes.
The Best Summer, Ever
- 2 Sep 2019
- In terms of personal memories and pop culture, the summer of 1999 was special.
Metal Gear Solid
- 3 Sep 2018
- This video game made sneaking around and snapping necks cool.
- 10 Jun 2018
- My interest, and the world's interest, in soccer is probably greater than it's ever been. There's excitement about the possibility of memorable entertainment and maybe some sadness about elapsed time.
1998 World Cup
- 26 May 2018
- I'll follow World Cups until I can't follow them, but the one from 20 years ago will always be my favorite.