Metal Gear Solid 2
- 1 Jan 2022
- Metal Gear Solid 2, released in 2001, is the source of my fondest gaming memory. This post contains spoilers.
West Side Story (2021)
- 20 Dec 2021
- This movie is faithful to the musical, but its style is more contemporary and its context is more grounded. It might not be better than its cinematic predecessor. Regardless, it's a timeless story about love and fear, hope and hate.
- 7 Dec 2021
- This mini-series is less regarded than its spiritual predecessor, Band of Brothers. Its story is less cohesive, but its unflinching depiction of a long and bitter war sets it apart.
- 15 Nov 2021
- This mini-series depicts events from 35 years ago, but the story is still interesting. It also serves as a warning that will always be relevant. The excellent acting and production will encourage more people to learn this history.
9/11, 20 years later
- 11 Sep 2021
- Today marks the 20th anniversary of the Al Qaeda attacks in New York, Pennsylvania, and DC.
Killing Osama bin Laden
- 2 May 2021
- The most infamous terrorist of the 21st century was killed 10 years ago.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- 6 Aug 2020
- On this day 75 years ago, an atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, Japan. Three days later, another one was dropped on Nagasaki, Japan. The end of the Second World War followed.
Nike – “Write the Future”
- 4 Jul 2020
- Big-budget visuals, notable cameos, and over-the-top scenarios make this World Cup commercial a classic.
Brothers turns 10
- 18 May 2020
- Released on this day 10 years ago, this album became a commercial and critical breakthrough for the rock duo from Akron, Ohio.
Assassin’s Creed II
- 26 Dec 2019
- This historically-themed, sci-fi adventure was released on 17 November 2009 and it became an immediate hit. Beautiful presentation, larger-than-life-characters, and varied gameplay are its best features.